Archive for ‘March, 2010’
Oh wait might be a true story for you, ha
Related Comics ¬
The facts are this:
1) The main villain in The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning was based – loosely – after Dark Willow from Buffy, insofar as we knew she was good at heart and was twisted by evil magic. There was a lot more to it than that but we knew from the outset it was going to be a character Spyro could team up with in the sequels and I used Dark Willow a lot when it came time to crafting her dialogue and overall look.
2) The idea of Alyson Hannigan doing the voice of Cynder was kiboshed pretty quickly when we heard she doesn’t “do” video games.
3) And even if she did there’s no way in hell the game designer ever gets invited to the voice recording sessions. BAH I COULD HAVE MET GARY OLDMAN.
OK in reality I just developed a drinking problem.
The first panel did happen, and to be fair the guy was spot on with all three counts.
The reality is thus:
1. I didn’t make the game single handedly. I had one of the most talented teams ever to help make it happen. Good times! I just take credit for everyone’s work all the time.
2. I think it sold a bit less than 400 million copies I’ll have to ask EA.
3. It did win an award! Best Gameplay for a handheld game at the 2004 Australian Game Developers Awards. The company recieved a free copy of 3D Studio Max and a cool trophy. The trophy is in our trophy cabinet, the copy of Max is probably propping up a wonky table somewhere.
In reality the chances of me being seen swimming are about those of me being seen eating a carrot instead of a triple cheeseburger.